Friday, February 8, 2013

Chinese New Year

It's Friday afternoon in Taiwan and the entire country (including the court system) will (already has?) shut down for a week. The Chinese New Year starts Saturday the 10th.

I prayed so often and so hard for the final decree to be issued before the holiday. But for a reason I don't know, it was not to be. I was stuck on this date in my mind. I can't describe how disappointed I am that we are s. t. i. l. l. waiting. I know better than to plan like that or set a deadline in my mind. We are now into the 2nd half of February before anything else can/will be done.

I'm angry. I'm sad. I'm irritated.

We don't have another Skype session set yet either.

Not a good week in the adoption world for the Shanahans. Honestly, more often than not, I'm sort of done pretending this is all okay, that we are okay, and that this wait is no big deal. I love that people ask about it and that they care. Knowing myself, I'd probably be hurt if no one asked. Ha! But it's getting more and more difficult to answer the "any updates?" question.

Argh. It certainly isn't pretty is it?

I've said it before, but HOW do people do this without God to lean on and trust? I'm pretty sure I'd be rocking in the corner if not for my Bible right now. He is how I answer those questions. He is how I remember that the giver of timelines is human and can/obviously is wrong. He is how I don't hurt that person. Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment