Sunday, January 20, 2013

Happy Birthday from our girl

Skype # 8 I believe. 

Today was the first day of her winter break. Apparently a break in routine puts her in a grumpy mood. She would rather be at school. We did hear she had high scores at school, Math and Chinese being her best subjects. They keep talking about how smart she is. They also mentioned she loves to watch Sponge Bob. Yup..she's gonna fit right in! 

She is so sweet. She sang Happy Birthday to me in Chinese and the in English. She also made me a card. Best birthday present ever! I got it on video and I wish I could upload it here. Love her!

The subject of her extended family came up and we discovered that the translator also worked with her bio sister (age 15 or so now) and her older brother) now adopted and living in Utah). She remembers meeting Katelyn when she was about 3 years old when her brother came in for his English lessons. How awesome that she gets to work with her now and see her placed with a forever family! 

We also discussed the probability that in a few years, we will return to Taiwan and that hopefully we'll be able to meet up with her sister (who recently expressed the desire to see Katelyn again) and perhaps even her foster mom. I pray we can make that happen. 

Other than a few attempts at blowing bubbles with her gum, she didn't say much else. The social worker also shared with us that Katelyn often talks about this great family that is adopting her. I guess she was telling her older sister (she got to see her for first time in a long while) all about us and was excited. To be 6 and have this daunting process in front of you, I love that at least part of her is excited about it. 

We also told her that the boys would be coming with us when we come to Taiwan to pick her up. She seemed excited. I keep picturing the day we get to walk into that orphanage office and see and hug her for the first time. When her brothers are there..I know it will help break the ice. Instant playmates are always a good thing. 

So...counting down til we go to get her. I pray it is soon. Very, very, soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment