Friday, January 11, 2013

Proverbs 3:5-6

I find it interesting that when I decided to join Beth Moore's memory verse project (Siesta Scripture Memory Team) I was led to choose Proverbs 3:5-6 as my first verse. It says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will make your paths straight." (bolding is my own emphasis)

Oh isn't God amazing? This wait during our adoption, the inevitable questions as to WHY there are so many delays, the hurdles that keep slowing down the process....all instances where we just have to trust Him. Again and again. Perhaps I'm a slow learner so He keeps reminding me? I dunno..but learning the verse, praying about it, and applying it to my own life has helped me immeasurably.

Gotta love when God steps in in such tangible ways and reminds you that it IS going to be okay. I LOVE when He speaks to my heart directly. What an awesome God!

Don't get me wrong, Taiwan judges and adoption delays still make me batty, but I'm so thankful God is in control. I really am in awe!


No comments:

Post a Comment