Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Deadline, what deadline?

So we got the letter from the pharmacy (stating in writing that they would ship my meds to me in Korea should we be approved). I skimmed the letter and realized that this company has now changed it's entire policy. Because of my doctor. Because of me. They will now ship to APO and AE addresses.

Now really, we HAVE to go now, right?

Which leads to... we are still waiting for approval from Osan. Maxwell submitted our medical clearance package on Thurs 2/28 (which is Osan's 3/1). Counting 14 days from then, we should have their decision no later than this Thursday 3/14.

However, we've learned that when it comes to us, deadlines appear to be merely a suggestion. Yesterday we learned that Osan didn't "accept" the package until Monday the 4th. That means they have until this coming Sunday. I'm not counting on hearing anything until Monday. At this point, what's a few more days right?

Today I sort of talked myself into thinking that this might actually happen. It would be such an amazing experience...I'm hoping for good news.

Nothing else..anywhere else. Katelyn will soon turn 7. I can't believe it will most likely happen before we can get to her. That was NOT my plan at all!

Last weekend, I went down to Orange Beach with the girls from our Connect Group.  The beach refreshes me, and I could walk, and sit out on the beach in the breeze, listening to the waves every. single. day. When I look out to the horizon and I can see the curvature of the earth...I am in awe of God. When I think of this world He created, and then remember that He cares about and loves little ol' me...I am so humbled. It's hard to wrap my mind around it.

The girls in my Connect Group...we laughed until our cheeks hurt. We talked about God, our children, shopping, adoption, waxing, husbands, waxing husbands (ha!), etc... you name it, we talked about it. Of course no girls' weekend is complete without the inappropriate fart machine, fake bugs, and Big Mama's Undies being brought out. I'm so thankful to be surrounded by this amazing group of Believers and it doesn't hurt that they laugh at farts. Yes, really.

So Spring is almost upon us. The weather is getting nicer, soccer has started, and we are counting down  the days until we can fly to Taiwan and bring our sweet girl home. Even the lady cutting the boys' hair today sounded doubtful when she asked for an update. When you have to convince the hair lady that you are indeed adopting, you know it's been too long! Call us please!

No comments:

Post a Comment