Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Family time

What a whirlwind!

Thanks to the generosity of my sister, we've been able to just hang out here at her house...she's gone almost all the time and we've been able to start this whole new family gig. It's hard to be in the middle of a move and be away from your own home and routine. But this is definitely the next best thing and we're very thankful.

Katelyn has met most of the extended family and it's gone well. She isn't shy. She is so trusting with us. We pack her up and take her places. We visit new people..and she just rolls with it. We try to tell her beforehand each time and she seems to nod and agree. But it still must be a little crazy from her viewpoint.

Most of the time, if we go anywhere around 4 or 5 in the afternoon, she ends up doing this while we're on the turnpike.



We went to OKC yesterday to get her enrolled in DEERS (the military database). She is officially a dependent in the family now. Fun to complete yet another piece of the puzzle. 

We also saw the amazing B. family. I love them so much. They will be moving soon and so I will no longer get my Wendy fix when we're in Oklahoma. Her youngest and Katelyn have become fast friends and they are pretty cute together. Just love it! It stinks they're leaving... :(


It's been fun discovering the things that are new to Katelyn. Yesterday she saw me put in my earrings. She was very curious so I took one out and showed her again. As I stuck the wire into the hole in my ear, she gasped out loud. lol Then immediately gestured that she wants to wear earrings too. Oh you will sweet girl, you will! 

She also insisted on using bobby pins to pin her bangs back. I do it a lot myself and use two bobby pins. I used one and fixed her hair as requested..then she said "No, mommy, no...two!" Yes ma'am!

And twice she has called Andy "Andy." She does it with a totally impish grin on her face. She's too smart for her own good! lol

Today, we've kept it low key and just hung around the house. They boys started a "war" with their plastic guns and soon, Katelyn joined in. The laughter and giggles are awesome. Sitting here while they run around, shooting, fake dying, and arguing about whether or not they got hit....heaven. 

The pre-battle conference.


Mom, I don't have time to stop for a picture!


She giggles when she fake dies.


And as a victor.


Her English is coming right along. She keeps saying "Ah-me" over and over. We don't know specifically what it means but she uses it to get our attention, show us something, go somewhere etc... we just keep saying telling her to say "Look" or "help please" or whatever the case may be. 

Once again I want to say how blessed we feel. God has been part of this process from the beginning. As it so often happens, we can look back and we see time and again how He worked things. It's humbling...and cool. It's just so awesome to be part of this. And we are very grateful. 









No comments:

Post a Comment