Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Louisiana or bust!!

I've never been so happy to head south!


Oklahoma was awesome. I can't think of a better place to be (with or without Andy!). It was all I hoped it would be. We were even there to celebrate my parents' 51st anniversary. What an amazing legacy! One of my favorite parts was getting to see our friends and their newly adopted little boys from Haiti. They are an awesome family and their two new additions are just miracles. I LOVED seeing them and spending time with them.


The boys swam, ate crap my sister kept in stock for them, shot BB guns, drove an electric car, ate more crap in the house, swam some more, watched movies, played games, ate more crap in the house, swam some more, and well, you get the idea. They saw grandparents, cousins, Aunts, Uncles, and more cousins. We really missed my brother's family but all in all, it was a great visit.


And THEN, we got to head to Louisiana. That's where Andy has been stationed for his deployment. He's in the middle of no where. Literally. The big talk on post was the alligator that showed up in the golf course pond. It's an hour drive to civilization, but we headed there and spent a week with Andy. It was a small hotel room, with old plumbing, and it rained stormed the entire week we were there. But none of it mattered. The boys and I stayed busy each day, kinda went stir crazy, but every day at 5:00 when Andy came into the room, none of that mattered! I miss him so very much and I'm so thankful we got to spend a week with him. 


I am constantly reminded of the many blessings that God has bestowed on us. Our paperwork with the adoption is nearly complete. We got to see and spend time with Andy even while he's stationed somewhere else. And I got to sleep in my own bed last night for the first time in a month. That right there is a blessing in and of itself! Ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment