Friday, July 27, 2012

New Skype session planned

While we wait for the document issues to be resolved, we learned today that we are scheduled to Skype with K again on Friday the 3rd. The beauty is that we will be visiting Andy for a few days at that time so we'll Skype all together for the first time. I can't wait to see her little face again!

I took the boys bowling today. They are ahem...a little competitive (nooooo idea where that comes from...ahem). Nathan was getting a good 10 feet of air on each throw so I had to shut that down. Matt was obsessed with the speed of each throw (thanks to the score screen..he could see how many mph each ball was). They bickered at the speed, how to throw the ball, who bounced it off the bumpers the most, etc...eventually I suggested they just look at the score and try to improve their own.

For the first time (that I've actually witnessed it), I saw them turn and look at me...mouths sort of gaping open, then they looked at each other, busted up laughing, and proceeded to discuss the speed of the last ball thrown. I'm pretty sure they just shared a "mom is so old and not in the know" moment. Part of me was happy that as brothers they have moments like that, just between them. The other part of me was horrified that they pretty much made fun of me with each other and didn't even have to speak one word. Just isn't right!

No comments:

Post a Comment