Thursday, August 23, 2012

Every day life

Let's see, Matt can put one of his contacts in himself now. If only we could move the other eye to the "good side" long enough to put in the other contact, we'd be good to go. 

Murphy brought in yet another animal/play toy. It was a ground squirrel and he carried it right to his kennel as if he was going to keep it for later. Unlike the bird, this poor creature was no longer alive so I didn't need the distance of a shovel to carry it outside. A dustpan worked just fine, though it's a little more difficult with your eyes closed/averted. 

Nathan likes school. He and Fletcher have become friends and he sometimes calls him Fletch. I don't know why but it makes me smile each time Fletch said this, or did that. 

We see Andy in exactly one week. I can't wait to spend a few days with him. I long for his company, and laughter, and hugs. And his ability to pack school lunches.

Soccer starts next week. Matt is attending the church Youth group on Wednesdays, and our weekly Connect Group starts meeting on Wednesdays again. I look forward to all of it. As much as I enjoy a lazy summer day, the scheduled activities and on-the-go way of life are also appealing. If only none of it required clean clothes, I'd like it a lot more. 

I think of K so many times each day. I am apprehensive about the changes for her, for us. I want her here. I am a little scared unsure about her adjustment..our adjustment. But as usual God's Word is so clear about this and I'm thankful to have read this very verse tonight. 

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
Jeremiah 29:11

It may or may not be easy, but it will be okay. We are part of her future. She is part of ours. What a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment