Sunday, September 16, 2012

Saved and Baptized

Another week behind us, a week closer to Andy's return. We are on the downhill side of him being gone and I pray the time passes quickly. I'm more than ready for him to be home where he belongs.

On a side note, I really, really need the lizards to stay outside. I might, almost, on a really good day think they're sort of cute...if they didn't scurry along, regrow appendages, and show up when I least expect it. Bleck.

Matt and I were both baptized today. We got to share the day with many close friends and Andy was "there" the whole time on Skype watching it all go down. I was so elated afterwards that we got to do this with friends and on the same day. I asked Matt several times what he thought, how it went...and his 11 year old self shrugged his shoulders, and agreed it was "pretty cool." When I begged asked him to elaborate, he paused and said "I got to be baptized and that's a big deal..then I got to swim and hang out, and eat dessert..it was pretty cool." I guess I asked right?

After we returned home Nathan adamantly declared that he needed to be baptized too...this Sunday. We discussed that you can't be baptized unless you've been saved and are a believer. He calmly explained to me what being "saved" meant...made it clear that he believes that, then again declared he wanted to be baptized this week. After talking to Andy, next thing I knew, Nathan was praying that prayer with me. Awesome.

For my entertainment, I pointed out to Matt that not only have I prayed for their salvation and baptism, I pray for his future wife. I pray that she too will be a believer and an Oklahoma State fan...I even suggested that somewhere out there on this big earth, is a little girl around his age who maybe has just been baptized too. Matt found the idea intriguing...then Nathan made kissy kissy sounds, Matt punched him in the arm, and my moment of "wow...that's sort of cool" dissolved into brotherly "love."

I was baptized today. My 11 year old son was baptized today. And my 6 year old son was saved today (baptism as soon as church can schedule it). I prayed about their salvation long before they were ever born. Watching God work in their lives is such a joy and a privilege. It just doesn't get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment