Friday, September 28, 2012

Translations Please

We NEED the translations to get back to us ASAP! We have a photo album ready and waiting, and a care package to go with it. None of it can be sent until we get the translations (that go into the photo album) back.

The problem is that the agency states that translations take 4-6 days. It's been 6. As another blogger wrote, Dear People Who Give Me Timelines...please follow them, or stop doing that! We need to get this show on the road and until I have those cute descriptions under all of the pictures translated into Mandarin, those cute descriptions don't matter!

My problem is that I'm never quite happy with the finished product. I've had the scrapbook pages in my possession for several days and so I've looked at them. Repeatedly. Each time I review them, I decide I wish I had used a different photo here, a different phrase there, a different layout here, a different ..well, you get the idea. By the time the translations are returned to us, I will have decided the whole thing needs to be redone.

The only thing stopping me is that I can't change the descriptions (or the photos they describe) because then it would make the translations null and void. And I'd have to start over.

Technically I think this is how Crazy starts, but why worry about that now, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment