Friday, October 12, 2012

Next Skype session Sunday

We should get to speak with her again this weekend. And my parents happen to be passing through...she gets to meet 2 of her grandparents! That should be interesting. I pray she's in a better mood than last time.

I'm praying she has received our care package and is enjoying the photo album. The part I think about constantly is our letter telling her we will call her Katelyn. I pray she receives that news and accepts it. I'm a little nervous!

We are another week closer to Andy's return. We were so blessed with his visit last weekend. We all got a taste of life with him back home and it was a  bitter pill to swallow when he left. He even made school lunches for Monday. For that alone I want him back immediately.

Two more Saturdays of soccer and then the season ends. It's kept us busy these last couple of months and I've met some new mom friends. Mom friends are the best...they understand the toothpaste on your shoulder from hugging your youngest goodbye, they understand your disheveled-just-woke-up appearance on school mornings, and they understand the need for an evening out where you laugh until your face hurts. Nope, can never have too many of those kind of friends.

I finished Katelyn's bedside table tonight. It used to be Matt's and then Nathan had it. It was a natural wood color (well...and marker colored, and pen colored, and apparently "Nathan wuz here," you get the idea). It's now all shiny and new with a fresh coat of white paint and some new drawer pulls. I figure we got our money's worth out of it no matter what she does to it! It is the last piece of furniture to go into the room. We are ready Taiwan...just say the word...now please!

No comments:

Post a Comment