Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Skype # 4

Another successful Skype. She got to meet my parents, she showed us some rewards from school, her yearbook, pictures of her friends, and some of her favorite toys. She was definitely in a better mood than last time and I was relieved.

At one point we asked to see foster mom again (last time we saw her we had a bad connection and the picture was pixelated). She saw down and held K on her lap and Katelyn immediately settled down. She can sort of get up and down, lay across the desk, etc...but with foster mom she sat very still and participated. Bless her heart, I can only imagine what she must be thinking! The foster mom obviously loves her and cares for her very well. I hope that's a connection we're able to keep over the years for her sake.

I was so glad that my parents got to meet her. She referred to them as grandmother and grandfather and I'm pretty sure that sealed the deal for them. :)

She still hasn't received our care package but it should arrive any day. I can't WAIT for her to get it! I need to prepare the next round of pics to send to her.

Otherwise, things are rolling along. Andy will be home in 2 weeks and 4 days. This is our last week of soccer and I'm so freaking glad happy the season is about over. The boys both had awesome coaches and I hope they are with the same ones next Spring.

Sunday, Murphy ate some raw chicken from the trash (as in 2 chicken breasts that had freezer burn so I tossed them). I watched and waited and prayed that he wouldn't be affected. He fooled me because when he went to into his kennel that night I thought we were in the clear.

Holy brown alert, was I wrong. I woke up to the most horrid smell you can smell on a Monday morning. Diarrhea. I gagged. The boys gagged. Murphy laid in it, wagged his wet, poopy tail back and forth across my leg, the cabinets, the door frame, the couch, etc...you get the idea. It was a lovely morning.

Fortunately he seems fine now. I informed him he simply wasn't allowed to get salmonella poisoning on my watch. I guess it worked because he's fine now. His kennel is super, bleachy clean, and he smells like Pantene.

Looks like we'll Skype again in a couple of weeks. I look forward to the day when we can't schedule another Skype session because we'll be going to get her instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment