Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Doing the wait

I'm having a hard time. No other way to say that. About a week ago I just got over this whole wait thing. Up to this point I guess in my mind, it's part of the process. Waiting and being patient is just what you "do" during all of this.

Waiting is not typically something you think of "doing." But try to adopt an orphan...you will definitely be doing the wait.

It's something I'm struggling with now. I need to figure out a way to get to tomorrow, to this weekend, to next week, and dare I say it, next month. Until we get the call, that's the reality.

I know that God is in control and His timing is perfect. Our pastor has been talking about Joy the past couple of weeks. He has emphasized that Joy isn't felt due to the roller coaster of emotions...that's being happy, or not happy.  You choose Joy, and we can do that by remembering that God has given us all the ultimate gift of salvation. Nothing else matters in comparison. Joy is not dependent on our circumstances.

But my human heart just wants our daughter home...in our arms...at our table...in her room...playing with her brothers...home. So I ask for prayers that I remember to choose Joy, remembering His perfect plan, and yes, patience in my heart. A friend tonight said that once she's home, we won't remember this part. I know it's true...but it's hard doing the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment