Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

We spent Halloween with our Connect Group. We gathered at one house and cooked out. Then all of the guys took the kids Trick-or-Treating and all the moms gathered around the fire pit, laughed until our faces hurt, and handed out candy. It was SO fun!

I love this group of friends and I enjoyed last night so much. The only thing missing was my honey, but my inappropriate friends and the kids made it really fun. :)

Nathan was a Star Wars character for the 3rd year in a row. This year he went as Obi Won Kenobi. I've figured out it's all about the light saber. Superman, Mario, and and Ninjas don't carry light sabers..thus the reason he won't choose those. He wore his costume all day to school, then all evening, then tried to convince me they'd make good pajamas.

Matthew was a bloody something...again. Apparently if the costume will allow him to "bleed" (chest, face..whatever) then the cool factor is very high. He couldn't be more pleased with himself. Boys are just gross.

I can however sum up their personalities in how they handled their candy. Matt informed me this morning that he had enough candy to last until Christmas. Apparently he's planning on receiving more candy then. He even described a "schedule" of eating one piece after school, and one after dinner. On weekends he'll splurge and have 3 pieces each day. That's my planner/saver.

And Nathan...well, I checked on him last night in bed. He was sacked out still wearing his glow bracelet, holding two empty candy wrappers, with another piece of candy near his head. His face was a sticky mess and he was in a sugar coma. That's my Nathan.

Anyway...this week pumpkins were carved.





And costumes were donned.



Another Halloween for the books. I personally don't like Halloween...at all. I'm just glad the boys had fun and that it's behind us. For me it's just the gateway to my most favorite time of year. I'm SO glad the REAL holiday season has begun!





No comments:

Post a Comment