Monday, May 20, 2013

Blessed

There's just no nice way to say what it's been like the last few days. I haven't really had time to process all that's happening simply because we've been too busy. And I've avoided it. Saying goodbye sucks.

We've made wonderful friends in the past. People that we are still in touch with and that we are blessed to have met.

Then we moved to Prattville. The first 6 months in this town I gladly told anyone who asked what I thought of it. I think I remember trying to soften it for a local by saying "it isn't that bad...." Then things began to click.

Fortunately, from the very beginning we had our friendship with Mark and Deb. They are like family to me and they moved here at the same time from Carolina. We met in 2009 and were immediate friends. Thus began a long tradition of playing cards regularly, that continued until last night. Our kids are all growing up and we've shared so much...our families, our faith, and constant laughter.  We've really been blessed by them. Andy and I both agree our lives have changed for the better since meeting them. There's no other way to say how much we love them both. Deb is like another sister and Mark, like my other brother. How do you say goodbye to them? We got to spend one last evening playing cards, had a cookout...and did some laundry. Then the time came. And it sucked. They said a prayer with/for us and it touched my heart. Saying goodbye sucks. Did I mention that?

Our home group from church included this Eskeriedge family. Kyle and Martha and their kids Abby and Owen. They started out so quiet, and Kyle blushed if you talked about ANYTHING intimate. Which is hilarious considering that Martha will crack a joke and be inappropriate in a heartbeat. It's why I love her so. They are two of the most good-hearted people I know. I could hardly say goodbye to Martha (Kyle was easy..peace out. Ha!). She enjoys my fart machine. She has a wonderful, funny, happy heart. Together, all that in a friend..that's pure gold. I love her so much! Her son Owen and my Nathan were fast buddies and it makes me sad that they (and their collective, ginormous front teeth) had to say goodbye. And Matt and Abby would be a perfect pair in the future, if we have anything to do with it. ;) And they're adopting from China. Their journey is just beginning and I can't wait to be a part of it, even from Nevada. I've prayed a lot for them and this adoption and I feel very invested in it. I keep suggesting "Madeline" as a first name...I've still got time to work on it.

Then Monique and Todd joined our group. She too immediately laughed at the inappropriate use of the fart machine (as a church women's retreat no less) and a friendship was made. I just love that girl. She has two amazing children, both of whom she adopted from China. Ben and Emma warm my heart for many reasons. There is not a nicer, more hospitable family. And they come with the best sense of humor too. Monique makes me laugh, and even more fun is making her laugh. Martha, Monique and I spent a lot of time doing that...laughing together. They too are looking at adoption again. We're surrounded by it! Ha! I can't wait to see how this unfolds for them..what an amazing family.

I will be forever thankful that God blessed us with knowing these families. He certainly knew what He was doing, when I had not a clue.

The 3Ms will rise again...and I can't wait.

It sounds crazy, but I look forward to a future with all of the people listed above. It would take a miracle...but God is sort of in that business so I know it's possible. Very possible.

We were also blessed with an amazing church and home group here. We gained so much from our weekly meetings. And we laughed..a lot. Andy and Mark were the co-leaders and we grew so much by knowing all of these amazing people. Everyone brought something different to the table and I appreciate them all. I don't believe we'll ever had a group like that one and it makes me appreciate the people, their insights, and senses of humor all the more.

God has been so good to us. Prattville brought us our adoption journey, the best, amazing, Christian friends we've ever had, and an awesome church. I am SO thankful for our time here. I couldn't have ordered up a better 2 years...I wouldn't have imagined it could be so great. I'm glad He's in charge!

No comments:

Post a Comment