Thursday, May 30, 2013

Taipei Zoo

We went to the zoo today and it's a beautiful, clean place.

We all had a great time except for the heat. By my calculations it was 120 degrees and 175% humidity (or 92 and 81% humidity). The place is clean and it only cost us $7 for admission for the whole family!

We saw all sorts of animals and the kids ran ahead, lagged behind, bickered over space at the exhibits, begged for water, and complained about having to carry water. Just a normal day at the zoo. Ha!

First subway ride as a family. As soon as she heard the camera click, she whipped around and gave me the "No!" look. lol


Our picture to send to Eskimo Joe's wearing our shirts and traveling the world. ;)


Nathan glanced at this sign and thought it said "no make-up allowed." He tried to tell me I couldn't go see the koalas!


Waiting on the shuttle with my almost 12 year old.


Three in one.


The reptile house had an interesting section...on copulation, including close-ups! I saw it and took a photo. Then Matt rounded the corner and I pointed it out to him. "Oh my gosh mom." lol


If you can climb it, stand on it, or go across or over it, Katelyn does. 





Elephants!


Nathan's dramatic pose.


And our girl after carefully posing her cat.


We saw some very interesting exhibits...


The Panda House was the highlight for all of us. 


Hot but fun!


To prove we were both there. :)


Outside the zoo there were several peddlers selling knick knacks, fans, hats, etc.. What I couldn't comprehend was the layers and layers of clothes they were wearing! 2 to 3 shirts, gloves, long pants, socks, and full face masks and hats. I nearly fainted just looking at them. 


Getting subway tokens for the ride home. 


The subway stop near our apartment. Notice we finally have a smile from our girl..and now Nathan is throwing up the two fingers and not smiling. I can't win! 


We are headed to the baseball game after we cool off and have some snacks. The kids are such troopers and we're having so much fun!


















No comments:

Post a Comment